Sexual crimes are becoming very common in Virginia and there are many crimes which are charged under the category of the ‘‘sexual battery’’. There are a different types of legal situations which are linked with the increasing sexual crimes particularly the crimes associated with the Aggravated Sexual Battery in Hanover Virginia. The laws designed by the government are so serious that it can have the long-term impact on the life of the individuals who are found guilty of it. There are many legal consultation companies which provide the right information to the victims regarding the crime of the Aggravated Sexual Battery in Hanover Virginia.
Due to the increasing rate of the crimes associated with the aggravated sexual battery in Hanover Virginia., it is very important to create the awareness among the citizens of the Hanover Virginia. The person can be considered guilty of the aggravated sexual battery in Hanover Virginia, if he or she touches the victim inappropriately and if one of the following points are true:
- The victim is less than 13 years of age.
- Sexual abuse transpires with the exploitation of the suspect of the mental incapacity of the victim.
- The suspect is the grandparent, parent and aged between the 13 to 17 years of age.
- The conduct of the suspect is not in the favour of the victim by the use of force.
- The use of threat or force for putting pressure on him without even touching him.
- Employing trickery or intimidation which results in the victim being accused.
In any of the following, the person can be declared guilty by the court even if he did not touch the victim once, he is found guilty of the aggravated sexual battery in Hanover Virginia:
- The victim is aged between the 13 and 15 years.
- Individual causes the serious mental or bodily injury to the victim.
- The person threatens or uses a weapon.
- Upon a plea or guilty charge of the aggravated sexual battery, proprietors have to face the prison of almost twenty years and the fine of almost $100,000.
If the person is found guilty of the aggravated sexual battery in Hanover Virginia, it can leave a long-lasting impact on his life, because other the fine and prison, the person is registered as a sex offender for a lifetime which can be stressful for him. It means that even after getting released from the prison and paying the fine, the name of the guilty person is registered in the national register that limits the individual from living or working at the certain place. It also restricts the person from getting the custody of their children in future. It also restricts the person in travelling from one place to another whether it’s inside the country or outside the country. No matter what the person will have to face the stigma of being called the sex offender for the rest of his or her life.
If any of your family member or friend is charged with this offense, you can help them in becoming a better person and help them in getting out of the trauma of being called the sex offender for the rest of their lives. You can also guide them in getting the lawyer who solves the cases related to the aggravated sexual battery lawyer in Virginia to fight the charges.